News and Notices
Posted on Thursday, March 10, 2022 12:03 PM
MARCH 10, 2022 – The Province of Ontario has publicly committed to multiple new transportation options for Caledon, including the much sought-after Caledon-Vaughan GO rail line, as part of today’s long-awaited Greater Golden Horseshoe Transportation Plan (GGHTP) release. This builds on the Ministry of Transportation’s move in January to direct Metrolinx to advance the business case for the new GO rail service.
The Town of Caledon Council, alongside its counterparts in the Cities of Vaughan and Brampton,...
Posted on Friday, March 04, 2022 10:34 AM
A new by-law is being proposed to replace the current Business Licensing By-law.
The proposed By-law will:
- Update existing licensing requirements for regulated businesses such as tow trucks, refreshment vehicles and adult entertainment businesses;
- Introduce new licensing provisions for businesses that are currently unregulated by the Town such as kennels, pet shops (those which offer cats and dogs for sale), impound lots and private transportation companies such as Uber and Lyft (excluding drivers);
Posted on Tuesday, March 01, 2022 09:55 AM
This is to inform you that the Town of Caledon has received Zoning By-law Amendment, and Site Plan Approval Applications. Your input and insight will inform and shape plans that meet the needs of our community.
Applicant and location
- Town File Number(s): RZ 2021-0017 and SPA 2021-0086
- Applicant: IBI Group on behalf of 12304 Heart Lake Road Limited Partnership
- Location: 12304 and 0 Heart Lake Road, Ward 2
The Applicant has applied for Zoning By-law...
Posted on Monday, February 28, 2022 11:09 AM
NOTE: In March 2022, the Entomological Society of America (ESA) announced “spongy moth” as the new common name for the moth Lymantria dispar dispar (LDD). The new name refers to the insect’s distinctive sponge-like egg masses and is derived from translations of common names used for the insect in its native range and French-speaking Canada. The Town of Caledon will be transitioning to “spongy moth” as time and resources allow.
|What is the spongy moth?|
Posted on Thursday, February 24, 2022 03:06 PM
A Public Meeting will be held to consider proposed Draft Plan of Subdivision and Zoning By-law. Your input
and insight will inform and shape plans that meet the needs of our community.
Please note that a second Public Meeting is being held due to technical issues accessing the first Public Meeting which was held on May 11, 2021.
The Town of Caledon is offering a hybrid meeting model offering many ways for you to engage with Council. To participate in-person or virtually, complete the participation...